We are Taking Extra Precautions to
Avoid the Spread of Coronavirus
*Last Updated March 30th, 2021
Helmus Optometry has always followed strict cleanliness and sanitation practices. The health and safety of our patients and employees is our number one priority amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Our whole team of 24 staff has been vaccinated! We are here to serve you, and we want to share information about how we continue to operate safely and effectively. Our thoughts are with those affected by the coronavirus.
If you are planning a visit:
- Only patients with appointments are allowed inside the office.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask.
- In an effort to limit the number of bodies in the office at one time, please leave your family members in the car or outside. Only one essential caregiver is allowed per patient.
- All eye wear dispenses, spectacle adjustments and repairs are now by appointment only, and take place at the Southwest entrance. Follow the sandwich board.
- We will check your temperature at check- in; a reading higher than 99.9 F will require that you reschedule.
- We will check your pulse oximetry at check- in.
- If you are sick, please stay home. We will reschedule your appointment if you are ill.
- We are a hand-shake and elbow-bump free zone.
- If you have had contact with someone who is ill or are caring for someone at risk, please defer your appointment.
Changes We Have Implemented:
- Limited the number of patients scheduled each day to allow for physical distancing.
- Phone screening for symptoms over the last two weeks before scheduling appointments.
- Reduced office hours.
- Installed Plexiglas breath shields at the front desk and optician desks.
- Installed breath shields on the doctor's equipment in the exam rooms
- Enacted more frequent cleaning and sanitizing practices throughout the office, with special attention to all exam equipment, door handles, reception area surfaces, furniture, credit card terminals, restrooms, keyboards, phones and more.
- Made hand sanitizer is available throughout the office
- Removed all shared magazines and literature
- Removed all non-essential items at the check-out desks such as pen, beverages and business cards
- Our policy has always been to keep sick staff home.
We are monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state and local agencies to help ensure the actions we're taking are in line with the latest recommendations and guidance. We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our patients.
We have confidence in our community’s ability to pull together with kindness, care and concern for the common good.